Snails base jumping .

OceanCrazy

Reefing newb
Woke up today and noticed my snails are on the rim of my Tank and one fell out of the tank.
I checked para and all is well.I put them back in and they keep coming out.Any Idea why?

Some snails come from tidal areas where the water lowers and rises. My nerites spend the day just above the water in my tank and come back down at night. =)

Ha base jumping! Mine go above the water line but they never actually come out of the tank, that's strange.

I've watched some of mine crawl across the top rim and go right back down! It's just snails being snails, I wouldn't worry!

I find mine on the floor outside the tank from time to time, no telling how long they've been there, they can probably live out of water for quite some time, they always come back to life.

Before anyone shouts 'get a grounding probe,' read this. They can be dangerous as well.

Aquarium Grounding Probes

Thanks, I was just thinking about getting one of these since they make it sound like you can't go wrong. Now I know.

I had a nerite snail out of the tank for almost a week (think it fell of a rock I was cleaning and I didn't notice at the time). I found it on the floor while I was vacumming. I put it in a cup of tank water to see if it was still alive and sure enough it came out right away. Put it back in the tank and it was just fine.

Those nerites are persistant, Ive blocked the gaps in my tanks lid cause they were often getting out. None of the other snails I have ever tried to escape.

Ill be honest i didnt read anyone's post but my turbos base jump all the time for no reason, its like they slide down the glass to the bottom for no reason. I can always hear it and im always like wtf was that,,,,

Back