Snails keep dying.

I just checked my mag, and so far it's come down. Yesterday's reading was 2430 ppm, and today's reading is 2220. So I'm down 210 ppm after 24 hours and a water change.

Thats good! Stay positive bro, it'll get better. One thing ove learned is when you've hit rock bottom, the only place to go is back up. Unless you're of the sand-sifting type, then you can usually find a place to burrow...and miners will dig to mine, but hey, they find gold and diamonds! So either way, you're golden!

Yeah, you'll literally have no HA left with mag that high. It's okay to run your mag a little high (around 1800ish) if you're concerned about it coming back. But yeah, anything higher then like 2,000ish for Mag is bad news for inverts. Corals and Fish can handle it as long as you don't go from say, 1300, to 2300, in one day. But yeah, let your mag come down and I'm sure your CUC will be fine. Glad you got rid of the HA though :)!

(I run my Mag in all 3 of my Reef tanks at 1800 and have Skunks Cleaners, Peppermints, Assorted Snails, Hermits, and Emerald Crabs. I don't want any HA back either :p)

Hydrogen peroxide works as well. It's best to use it as a dip. So if you see it coming back, either take the rock out and dip. Or you can target the bryopsis with a syringe. I'm guessing you used Kent TechM?

Hydrogen peroxide works as well. It's best to use it as a dip. So if you see it coming back, either take the rock out and dip. Or you can target the bryopsis with a syringe. I'm guessing you used Kent TechM?

Yep...I've used h202 before, and wrote a whole article on it. Peroxide does work, but eventually it comes back over time. I did use Kent M magnesium, and it works great, but I got complacent and stopped checking the levels, even after the bryopsis was gone.

Yep...I've used h202 before, and wrote a whole article on it. Peroxide does work, but eventually it comes back over time. I did use Kent M magnesium, and it works great, but I got complacent and stopped checking the levels, even after the bryopsis was gone.

yeah the article you did on peroxide was great it worked wonders for me well enough that my cuc could catch up and maintain it. Though I'll admit I as well get a bit complacent the second I see the results. I just have to remember to always check levels more often when doing any kind of treatment. :Cheers: I am glad the mystery is salved and maybe now you can keep a CUC with out nuking it. I hate when that happends :grumble:

Can you link your article? Thanks. I've not had issues with bryopsis returning with the brown bottle.

Back