Snails reproduce FAST

Discussion in 'Invertebrates' started by wontonflip, Mar 11, 2010.

1. wontonflip

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

Man.....I just moved everyone to the 125g a month or so ago, and I'm sure I lost a bunch of baby snails in the process (cuz I did not move the sand)....I found maybe 4 or 5 in the 125 out of the original 15 or so baby snails that actually survived the move (although I keep finding them in my sump!!)....and now, I just found 3 extremely teeny tiny white snails scrawling up my glass (and no doubt into the overflows). That was fast!!! It took almost 10 months for the 45g to show signs of baby snails. They must be happy ;)

wontonflip, Mar 11, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. wontonflip

project5k

good to hear that they are happy... i've recently had a baby snail population explosion in my 75... there's gotta be 100's of em now... and they are all smaller than a pencil eraser...

project5k, Mar 11, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. wontonflip

Bifferwine I am a girl

These may not be baby snails that you guys are talking about. I think it's more likely that they are colonista snails, which are teeny tiny when full grown. They are extremely common -- everyone has them -- they are just hard to see.

Bifferwine, Mar 12, 2010
    wontonflip likes this.
  4. wontonflip

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

Wow....never heard of those....I was looking at pics, and they're patterned...the ones crawling up my glass are plain white....but then again, I saw this on a website:

Hehehehe....still cute though.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
    wontonflip, Mar 12, 2010
  5. wontonflip

AdeptMrSniffles I have a Blue Thumb

I love my collonista snails. They don't knock :pooh: over! I used to be careful not to knock over my turbos but now I find myself hitting them on purpose cuz they make me mad!

AdeptMrSniffles, Mar 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question