Sniffles 29G

AdeptMrSniffles

I have a Blue Thumb
Got it up and running! Sorry if pics don't show, first time posting pics.

DSCN5644.jpg

DSCN5645.jpg

DSCN5646.jpg

DSCN5647.jpg

DSCN5649.jpg

DSCN5651.jpg

The bottom pic is a recent addition to my shroom collection. I've never seen one totally engulf itself like it had. Anyone knows whats up with that? I'm sure it'll be fine, just never seen that. lol

I hate clean tanks:mrgreen:
Better enjoy it while you can,it wont be long untill that purple plague gets you:D
You did an awesome job on the rock work.I love it.

I think it was Wed. that my first algae cycle appeared. Just some brown diatoms on the glass and some spots on the sand bed. Its Sunday now and I think due to my day to day tank cleanings its pretty much been killed off. There's still a couple of slightly brown spots in the corners but I've adjusted the flow a little and it seems to be doing the job. Also about to kill an Aiptasia. Anyone have a recommendation on a cleaner that'll take care of the top of my sand bed? My Nass. snails take care of the rest but don't do much for the top.

You could get a sea cucumber. But make sure you get the burrowing kind (there are kinds that don't clean sand beds). I'm somewhat hesitant to recommend sea cucumbers. Although they do an excellent job with the sand, you run the risk of them dying in your tank and you not being able to find the body.

You could get a sea cucumber. But make sure you get the burrowing kind (there are kinds that don't clean sand beds). I'm somewhat hesitant to recommend sea cucumbers. Although they do an excellent job with the sand, you run the risk of them dying in your tank and you not being able to find the body.

Ya, I think a dead cucumber is what killed my girlfriends brother-in-laws tank awhile back. I've looked a couple of times at some in my LFS but walk away because I'd rather not run the risk of killing my tank :( Plus, I only have about a 1/4in sand bed so there's really nowhere for anything to burrow lol. Do horseshoe crabs do a decent job?

I have 2 horseshoe crabs in my tank and I love them. They do a great job stirring up the sand bed. The only problem with them in smaller tanks is that they tend to knock a lot of stuff over. They're not graceful at all!

I'm thinking of buying another Koralia 2 or Koralia 3 powerhead for my tank. My Kor 2 does a good job but I had to place the small directional cap on the end because it was moving too much sand on the bottom. I have to 2 pushing on the glass and my 1 blowing across my tank but I don't think it has enough to really get the water moving. I'm thinkin another 2 or 3 pushing across and the 2 and 1 pushing on the front glass? I just don't know if I'd like 3 powerheads in my tank, astetically that is. I have confidence that there won't be much, in any, temp. difference if I were to place a 3rd in it. However, I think this weekend along with my regular powerhead and skimmer pump cleaning I'm going to switch around the 2 powerheads and see what happens.

Back