Sniffles 29G

you probably already answered this sniffles but how many lbs of liverock do you have in your 29?

Around 65lbs +/- 5lbs. There's a lot stacked along the sides and one row stacked across the back plus a piece sticking out towards the front to create the space for my elegance, which looks twice as nice now. I'll snap a pic of it tonight along with a frag of ding dang paly's I picked up in a trade locally.

Just a couple of pics, crappy pics but pics none-the-less. My Lobo has colored up nicely with red/pink stripes and the center is turning a gold/yellow, my black/green sun coral, red zoas and skitzo blasto frag that I saved from my LFS and also a Rico that I picked up also. I've never been a HUGE fan of Rics but this guy caught my eye. Also, my Stylo is going nuts, it's branching pretty VERY well, I hope to see it growing off of the rock it's mounted in because it has spread it's base along the rock.

DSCN7458.jpg

DSCN7459.jpg

DSCN7460.jpg

DSCN7461.jpg

DSCN7462.jpg

DSCN7463.jpg

Thinking about giving up my long spine urchin, I think Poke has outgrown my tank and if he can go to a larger home then I'm all for it.

Picked up a polyp of a Rainbow Acan and also a GBTA, the tips of the nem aren't bubbled in that pic. but they have bubbled since. Still need to get the clowns to figure out it's there. Also, I've tried feeding it some krill a couple of times but it won't stick to the tentacles.

DSCN7618.jpg

DSCN7619.jpg

I've waited for this moment. I scrounge the ORCA website looking for frag sales and came across a sale of some sweet zoas, etc. First, is some deepwater BumbleBee zoa's, (what I'm thinking are) Joker Paly's, some red zoas I've seen before but can't comeup with the name and a Lobo in the midst of splitting. Sweet! I'll get better pics, while the whites are on also, tom. hopefully.

DSCN7621.jpg

DSCN7622.jpg

DSCN7623.jpg

DSCN7620.jpg

FINALLY! I got my GBTA to eat a piece of Krill! I tried using my fingers and tweezers but it finally took the food from a pair of CHOP STICKS! I had to fend off my cleaner shrimp from taking the food for a minute but then the anemone fended for itself. The shrimp kept getting scared off, hopefully it was getting stung. HOW EXCITING! I can't wait to feed it again tom. or Thursday. Just thought I'd share.

lmao. Congrats on getting your anemone feeding, I use chopstix for all sorts of various uses on my tank. Love those bumble bee zoas, they look similar to purple hornts. How much they set you back?

lmao. Congrats on getting your anemone feeding, I use chopstix for all sorts of various uses on my tank. Love those bumble bee zoas, they look similar to purple hornts. How much they set you back?

All 4 frags set me back $60, which I don't think is bad when the "good" LFS here sells 10 polyp frags of zoas of any kind for $28.

Congrats on the frags.I especially like the purple paly's the most.

I KNOW RIGHT! I think they're Joker Paly's!, which I've had my eye on at Vividaquariums

Well, it's been about 3 months since I've last updated so I'll post a few pics.

My acan is producing about 5 new heads, I came home the other day and found my new lobo attacking my duncan. Also, I HAD a purple firefish but I haven't spotted it for the past week. I just fed my tank and it normally would come out for some food but it's nowhere to be found :(

DSCN7882.jpg

DSCN7875.jpg

DSCN7873.jpg

DSCN7872.jpg

Back