Sniffles 29G

Battling with a little cyano, again (lights out till Sunday or Monday and wont be coming on until I perform a heavy water change). Yay! Trying to figure out if I could shove some cheato somewhere in my sump.

:( Well, my elegance lost its battle with what I assume was the Elegance Disease last night. It held strong for about a year an a half but started puttering out about a month ago. So sadly, I knew the end was near. Although the Elegance coral is a beautiful addition to any tank. I don't believe I'll be picking up a new one due to the price and mortality rate in home aquariums. I've had my eye on a large neon green open brain at the LFS that I may pickup to fill the void.

SOOOOO! I got a $100 bill in a XMas card from a customer at work so I was like "SHIT! I'm gonna buy some coral!" After work I went to a local LFS that has good priced corals. Right when I walked in I spotted the Wellso Brain, which I've wanted one for a LONG time so I said "BAG IT!", then my fiance saw the torch. She's wanted one for a while because it was our VERY first coral back in the day and she loved it, so I decided to bring it home with me as well. Merry X Mas to me!

DSCN8054.jpg

DSCN8052.jpg

DSCN8053.jpg

Thanks guys, it had been awhile since I had gotten some corals so I was excited to go pick some up.

I don't know if you can really tell, buy in the partial FTS at the top is my BTA. Does it look to anyone like it's bleaching?? I'll take a better photo of it when I get off of work. The bubbles have become sort of whitish as of late and it's kind of worrying me. My water is good, I hardly feed my fish so I'm not over feeding and I feed the nem once a week a couple of thawed krill. It's located at the top of my tank under 92watts. It's coming out and bubbling everyday and will accept the food easily. I would think if it's not doing well it wouldn't come out or move to a different location. I really don't need this thing to nuke my tank though.

So today I finally had enough of my BTA stinging my nepthea leather so I took it in to te LFS and traded the BTA for a 2"x2" mummy eye chalice frag, I'll post pics when I get home... currently at the mall

Back