Snot in my Sump?

I just heard back from Wet Web Media. They're not exactly sure what the cause is, but are guessing that it could be my zoas/palys or leather coral since they secrete mucous. They recommended that I change the chemi-pure elite and purigen that I run in my sump every month (not every 6 months like I have been doing).

They also recommended that I could consider redox/ozone. I know nothing about redox/ozone; can you all clue me in? :question:

But, their conclusion was that as long as everything in my tank is happy, I don't need to worry about some slime in my sump.

You know, when the wetwebmedia guys are stumped, you'd have a hard time finding someone who would know LOL I love the wetwebmedia guys....they're awesome and extremely informative.

Yeah. Here's a link to their guide on "cnidarian interactions" that they sent me in case anyone is interested: CnidCompPpt

They also thought that the binding that holds together the San Francisco Bay frozen food cubes that I feed could be causing the "snot"...Who knows...

I siphoned it all out in my water change on Friday, and it hasn't come back yet. I always do my WCs through the sump, so whenever the "snot" comes back, I just suck it out again in my weekly WC. Hopefully it won't come back this time... :x:

Back