snowflake eel

Discussion in 'Reef Fishes' started by bri74, Feb 10, 2008.

1. bri74

bri74

had a snowflake eel for about a year he was around 16-18 inches was about 6-8 when I got him all of a sudden he quit eating and died in a couple days? all other tank mates are good water is great

bri74, Feb 10, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. bri74

Altohombre The Tennis Pro Reefer

Sorry to hear that. A Snowflake eel is one of the things that I truly want to have one day. I think they are unbelievable. I would have your water checked out at a trusted LFS just to make sure everything is okay. Other than that do as much research on snowflake eels to find out if anyone else has had a similar thing happen. Maybe fish are like humans and one day they are great and the next they are dead without any real explanation you can visually see.

Altohombre, Feb 10, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. bri74

reefer2b

Sorry to hear that too. I had one a long time ago. He was great to watch. I also had an octopus that loved to try and catch him. They finally settled to their own sides of the tank but one day I came home to find he'd jumped out the back of tank.

reefer2b, Feb 11, 2008
  4. bri74

Oscarsdad608

Isn't an octopus a pry animal for an eel. They must have been stressed to the max living with each other.

Oscarsdad608, Feb 12, 2008
  5. bri74

reefer2b

that's why I only had three things in my tank. The eel never bothered the octopus, he stayed on his side of the tank. The octopus as forever bothering the eel. Which is why the octo came up with a missing arm. LOL he was content to stay on his side of the tank after that.

reefer2b, Feb 12, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question