snowflake eel

margaritaville

Reefing newb
I purchased a small snowflake eel 8' or so about two weeks ago. He is in a ten gal quar. tank and did get out once about 3 days after I bought him. Seems to be doing fine now, Covered all holes, Although for the past 4 days or so I have found him in the filter. Actually inside the hang on, seems to slither up the overflow and go inside the the box. I take the top off and after a minute or so he goes back into the tank. Is he doing this because he feels safe in it, because its dark etc. Tank lights are hardly on and there are just dim screw ins. Dont know if I should be worried or what. Any suggestions or advise would be great, thanks eric

Your eel wants a place to hide, I built PVC pipping and burried it only showing the 45 degree elbows sticking out. I made a cheap cave for him to hide in. Keep a cover on your tank, your eel will try to jump again and again and again.

Thanks chris, ya I covered all holes the day he got out, I do have some Pvc maybe I will try more, although still no gravel since hes still in quarantine. And ya hes an 8" not 8'

Back