snowflake eel

A big net and a lot of luck usually helps.
You've basically got 2 options.
#1 Is to take all the rock out and use a big net.
#2 Get out your fishing pole.Tie on a hook small enough for the eel to bite,file the barb off the hook and go fishing.

They are pretty hard to catch short of removing all the rock. And even then, they could be hiding in a rock.

You can trap them in a portion of your tank by getting a piece of plexiglass cut to the width and height of the tank, and moving your rocks around a bit. Once you know where he's hiding, put the plexiglass in to separate him from the rest of the tank. That will make it easier, less room for him to run.

On another note, I was intrigued by your "location". So intrigued, in fact, that I had to google it. Which leads me to this question: Do you really live in Disco? If so, do you live in Disco, Texas, Disco, Illinois, Disco, Tennessee, or Disco, Wisconsin? I had no idea there were so many towns named Disco.

Ok, this is gonna sound crazy, but this is how I did it. I had an hob skimmer by octo, that had a 1.5" outlet. I shut the skimmer off, and put some food inside the skimmer. My snowflake had excellent sniffer and after about 5 minutes, he found his way up the skimmer pipe and into the resevoir of the skimmer. Then I removed the whole thing and dumped him into a 5g pail. Don't even bother trying to bag this thing!

Back