so, do some just do srooms?

Trying to "keep you in line" is something that you should be doing yourself.

How about a little thought to the well being of the animals?

Trying to "keep you in line" is something that you should be doing yourself.

How about a little thought to the well being of the animals?

Oh, sis, that is not the problem! Stupidity maybe.. but not lack of love and concern for the animal life.. If you knew me you would have NO doubt about it.

I do wildlife rescues, interventions, and education on behalf of animals for a living... and LOVE it.

NO mam, .. it is my lack of knowledge not my concern. Thank you ;)

..but I do need help staying in line on behalf of my lack on knowledge... and experience with reef tanking

Last edited:
You say it's not the lack and love of concern for the animal life, and yet RESEARCH is the way to prevent that in this hobby. And honestly, you've been on this site and posting around enough that you should know that by now.

You can have the best intentions in the world, but without the knowledge that means nothing.

You say it's not the lack and love of concern for the animal life, and yet RESEARCH is the way to prevent that in this hobby. And honestly, you've been on this site and posting around enough that you should know that by now.

You can have the best intentions in the world, but without the knowledge that means nothing.

:bowdown: you are tough..

this... research on this forum and the web provides tons of conflicting information.
While that may be crystal clear at your experience level, research in this hobby is not crystal clear.
There is no way at my experience level to know which is correct, let alone which is not driven by conflict of interest, .. IE: a paycheck..
I took three fish back.. and I did follow professional advice... and that advice has the credentials to back it up. Not to mention some mighty nice tanks and lengthy experience.
...;) life is not black and white... and none of my live stock will ever get less than my best. and that is all I can give... and you... you get a hug.

Last edited:
The research on this forum comes with the experience that backs it up.

Several of my LFS have VERY nice looking tanks, but that doesn't mean they don't try to upsell me every chance they get. A business is a business. Here we only want what is right for the animals and for your tank.

The research on this forum comes with the experience that backs it up.

Several of my LFS have VERY nice looking tanks, but that doesn't mean they don't try to upsell me every chance they get. A business is a business. Here we only want what is right for the animals and for your tank.

The advice was not an LFS, it was from a reef tanker friend. .. . ;)

I still stand by adding that many fish at one time isn't a good idea. I don't care who the advice came from.

I know... and I now agree... and from your posting never doubted you.. just thought you were a little too .. ummm.... harsh is too harsh of a word but will have to do... my choice was a poor one but was based on the information I had and was not at all a rash heat of the moment decision.

When I deal with people who are handling wildlife problems, I deal with situations much like the one you had towards me... ... .. they think they have researched well, but obtained bad data... as I may of or may not of. ... what happens next in my tank will be the tell. The way I handle that is a careful "sit down" educational conversation.. a tool you did not have at your disposal.

In my case you have a good solid point.... and the experience I'm sure to support it... and my friend too has the same different point as to what I needed to do to bring my tank into batter balance. As he told me every tank is different and he believes mine needed a few small fish added. The choice to add more yellow tails was mine and was a very wrong decision, which has been corrected.

We will see what happens together, because I will confess my results... fair?

Absolutely that's fair.

But your posting and stance seemed lackadaisical at best. My apologies for misjudging you if that's the case.

Absolutely that's fair.

But your posting and stance seemed lackadaisical at best. My apologies for misjudging you if that's the case.

If I gave the impression of being lackadaisical about the life forms I have chosen to care for in my tank and household it was a mistake on my behalf. ... And seeing that my post impressed you that way it is I who owe you an apology. If my post seemed that way is may be I was enjoying the "this for that" or what ever it is thread.

The fact that possible stresses could be imposed on my tank life forms ticked you off is the very reason I said "I like you". .. and I do. We have that in common!!!!

..but.. professionally... I have to handle it .. a bit.. differently. ;) I have to be diplomatic.. EDIT: although inside I'm fuming...

.. and it isn't fair you can spell words like lackadaisical....

Last edited:
What can I say? I paid attention in English class.

LOL .. not me.. well, I could of paid more attention...
..I'm way to logical minded.. and there is nothing logical about spelling in English. Words that are spelled different and sound the same... words that are spelled the same and sound entirely different.. words that are the same word and pronounced differently in different context. Words with letters that do not belong and have no function... words with letters that absolutely effect the root and are not sounded. ...nope, no logic. no engineer put it together.. although it is the technological world language.

And if you had, you would know that it's "could have." Not "could of."

Yes. I am a grammar/spelling nazi. :wink:

We both need each other, but will never understand each other... I think it is Nazi, though,
see? I did pay attention.. just never had the need to be skilled at it... oh, wait, no, you are right in that context... darn.. but, I have such fun not being grammatically correct.

Am I getting another spanking... LOL... luv yas all...

Back