So then what?

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
I'm thinking about getting a small tank (12-20 gallon) tank drilled so that I can attach it to a refugium/sump.

Anyone have some pictures of what I do after I get it drilled and can someone explain to me what I need and how it works? Thanks! I want to get some prices in my head so that I know what I have to make before I start this.

It's $20 for a hole in a tank under $55 gallons here.

Matt

Im really confused about what you're trying to do...

You want to connect another tank to your sump? I recently connected another tank to my sump using a u-tube to syphon the water from first sump into the second.

I want to set up a display tank and then connect a sump to it. That's it, I'll get the display tank drilled with one hole and then what do I need and what do I do

Are you going to put a refugium in your sump or just go basic sump to get the equiptment out of your display tank?

I'm going to put a refugium in there and my other filtration so that the display is clear of everything put the powerhead I'll use which will be a koralia, I may not run a skimmer as I am not planning on stocking it much except for coral which is what I'm going to set it up for.

Actually I forgot about the Octupus Nano Skimmer that's coming, I'll probably get that one then as it's going to be $45 or so when it comes in March.

I don't think I would worry about a skimmer in a tank that size since your not keeping fish. softies would probaly do a little better since they like a little nutrient.

the DT will prob be between 12-20 gallons in size with that size for the sump also

yes this is a different set up and is all just tentative right now

and i wouldn't go over 1 fish in it if I decided to have one which I prob wont

that would be great! except for one thing, I won't have the money until this Spring, can you hang on to it until then for me? I think I know who you are if you are who I think because you were always hanging out at Aquatic Reef and Sherwin said that you worked in downtown so you came around all the time, I'm the Kid who was always there :)

Back