so tire of ich..killing my fish...

i try ich attack...and i think it made it worse....now all my fish have it a lost 2 fish this week..i dont know what to do now i cant do the copper treatment..because it will kill my corals,sand ,rock...what do i do....:sniffles::HELP!:

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles,but the cold hard fact about ich is ,it must be dealt with before you introduce fish to your DT.This is my stance on it....No miracle ich killer will work.... get your fish out...treat them, in a bucket if you have to,and do hypo....leave your DT fishless(inverts, corals can stay),and starve the ich to death...8 weeks minimum IMO...Its not easy,it takes constant monitoring, 2-3 times a day..but 4 months from now it will be a huge weight lifted of your shoulders..:Cheers:
Good luck...

Any ich medication that claims to be reef-safe will not kill the ich. The only two methods that are proven to work are copper and hyposalinity. In order to use these, you have to remove EVERY fish in the tank, and treat every fish in quarantine, as Nemo stated. If you leave any fish in the tank, the ich will still have a host and will not go away.

Reducing stress in your tank is also essential, as healthy and happy fish rarely show signs of ich. Is your tank overstocked? Do you have poor water quality? Are fish fighting? Are they eating quality foods?

Some people (like me) choose not to treat ich or quarantine fish, because usually fish can fight it off on their own. But if any of the above conditions are present and the fish are unhealthy or stressed, it will kill them.

Ich is usually brought out by stress. Lets look at that also . Whats causing the stress? Too many fish, too big fish for the tank, aggressive fish picking on each other. Stop the stress and soak food with vitamins and garlic to boost your fish immune systems and you may stop the outbreaks of Ick

/knock on wood/

I haven't seen one speck of Ich in three years.Probably because all my fish is from the Den.Sure,you pay more then usual but so worth not having the headaches.Introduce no Ich,get no Ich.Quarantine all fish purchases and treat them with copper in a separate tank.Of,course your main tank will need to be fish free for a couple of months in the process.

Add a UV light to your system. It will help to keep it under control so your fish can fight it off. I and many others swear by them.

Back