So upset :( Toad stool

zippyjr123

Reefing newb
Well I got home from work today and went in to check on my tank, Only to see my toadstool coral slumped over.Looked at the temp on the tank it read 85.7!!!!!
I have fans blowing on the tank right now. Do ya all think it will be ok? It's not melting but looks pretty sad. Never seen it like this. Is there anything I can do?
It was so pretty.
Rose

Just give it a day or 2 Rose.It may just be pissed off from the warmer than normal water.
Why did the tank get that warm?Did a heater get stuck or is just that warm down your way?

Just give it a day or 2 Rose.It may just be pissed off from the warmer than normal water.
Why did the tank get that warm?Did a heater get stuck or is just that warm down your way?

I really don't know why I don't use a heater,(I have one just in case),It's warm but my tank never got this hot before I really couldn't say why this happened. The house isn't hot, I can't seem to figure it out. It is warm out side, but the air is on in the house. I check the lights they seem to be fine also. So you don't think it will die on me? It really looks bad :(

Lights could be overheating your tank. set your heater down also just to see if that is the problem. Maybe a family member put hot water in?

Lights could be overheating your tank. set your heater down also just to see if that is the problem. Maybe a family member put hot water in?

Hibye, I checked the lights fans working,I don't have a heater in the tank,only when needed,And I really don't think anyone in the family would do that to me :) but thank you.

Could be a powerhead motor getting hot.They'll over heat when their about to go out a lot of times.
Thats what I'd look for first.You might also set up a cheap box fan to come on with the lights.That'll help get rid of a lot of heat before it can cause problems.
I'll give the toadstool a 50/50 chance.Their fairly tough,but like anything else,you never know whats gonna get em.

Unplug them one at a time and restart them.See if they have trouble starting.You can also touch them,You'll be able to tell if its running to warm.

Back