So we recieved a package...

Ok here they are. Looking for opinions on the aqua-scape. My girlfriend doesn't like it. She says it just looks like a pile of rock. I don't think it looks too bad, but I spent as much time playing with the rock as I could for one night. haha. So...opinions are welcome.

Quick before pic:
100_3750.jpg

And, these are the afters:
100_4052.jpg

100_4051.jpg

100_4057.jpg

100_4050.jpg

Don't mind the "beta Condo." Our newest edition (a very large crab) was in time out for fighting with the other crab we had. He'll be making a trip back to the LFS.

Please comment!!
-RYknow

To me it looks pretty good. I really like the left side of the tank with the holes where the fish can swim through. As for the right side you could try to do it in a similar way.

if you can try to make some larger spaces. It is a lot of fun to see the fish weave in and out of rocks. If it is too close together sediments can just clump on it and stay there.

Congratulations on the baby.
That rock really made a difference.It looks great.

Last edited:
Sweet! thanks for the replies guys! Better pics to come later tonight! The tank was still a little foggy from all the moving, in the last pictures. Not to mention the outside of the glass was a little dirty! I'm going to give it a good cleaning and get some more pics.

I think I'm going to leave it the way it is for a couple days, and see how I feel about it then. I just walked through the door after getting home, and the first thing i see is the tank. I have to admit that with all that rock in there it was a very pretty sight! Over-all I'm happy with the aqua-scape, and the rock in general! =]

-RYknow

Very good possibility I'll be ordering something tonight, I'll post a pic if that all works out! :mrgreen:

Ok, so I lied. I moved the rock around a bit, to get some more openings, and now I LOVE it!! Seeing the fish swimming around and through the wholes is just awesome! So, that being said, here are some better pics.

100_4059.jpg

100_4060.jpg

100_4063.jpg

100_4066.jpg

Sorry about the reflection from the windows. :frustrat:

Looking in from the right side.
100_4067.jpg

Looking in from the left.
100_4068.jpg

And now for a pic of what we JUST ordered!!!:^::bounce: I can't wait!!!!!

t_80331_01.jpg

We'll be pairing it up with a Mag 5. From what I've read, this is one of, if not the best HOB skimmer on the market. It was a little more expensive then we wanted to go, but in the long run it will be well worth the money.

-RYknow

Be careful with the chocolate chip stars if you're planning on keeping corals, they'll eat whatever corals they can get their...mouths on??

ao choc chip star will eat other stars or any thing i moves over i watched one eat my blue linka that i had for years. the lfs said it would be a great addition yea it was a great addition found a new store to shop at after that.

Yeah the LFS told me the same thing. I wish my girlfriend didn't like them so much! Cause I really want to do some corals. I've heard that some people have been lucky, and their choc stars don't touch their corals, but I know that the ones we have eat anything and everything they climb on. So I'm sure and corals wouldn't stand a chance. :frustrat:

A guy that I know said he has a couple mushrooms he could throw my way to see what the stars will do. It's probably worth a shot, but I think I already know what the outcome is going to be.

-RYknow

Especially with two in there. Finding one that won't eat corals is a snowball's chance in hell. But two in the same tank? Good luck!

I have yet to see a CC star that dont have a taste for coral.Talk her into a red formsia(sp?)Those are some pretty starfish.

If that skimmer works as well as their in sump models you will LOVE it. I have a BPS-8c with a mag18 and couldnt be happier.

I hate DHL!!! :frustrat: We checked the status of our delivery last night, and the schedualed delivery date was today, so I was obviously VERY excited. Well, it's not here, and I just checked the status, and instead of going from PA to here (NH), it went west, to Ohio. It JUST left ohio (4:04 pm) to head here. We had it shipped to where my g/f works cause we figured someone will have to sign for it when it shows up, and no one is home during the day. So now I'll have to wait till monay. *sigh*...

It just pisses me off. I got pulled over and ticketed on my way to work, but still had an awesome day cause I was so excited that the skimmer was going to show up. ehh...sorry to vent to you guys, I just needed to express my frustration.

-RYknow

That sucks, that's why it isn't fun to track your packages. I hate getting my hopes up and let down. But I still track them anyways! I just can't help it.

Back