So we recieved a package...

Thanks Brat! I'm loving the layout the more I look at it! I think it's starting to grow on my g/f too! :^:

So I was at the LFS (Not the main LFS that I go to, it's a 20 min drive away. We have the main LFS right in town. Both are run by the same people though.) today. They had a juvenile Naso Tang, and a juvenile Powder Brown. I didn't leave with either of them. The guy there said the Naso had a couple of spots of Ick (which I didn't see.). As for the Powder Brown, we didn't get him cause he was flashing a little bit. I noticed that he had some of the blouchy color that Maynard (the Power Brown that I lost a few weeks back) had before I lost him. The Power Brown was only $40, and aside from the flashing and a little bit of blouchy color, he looked good! But my g/f and I decided it wasn't worth the risk.

I really wanted to take the Power Brown home though. I think he would have done well in our tank. I'm a little bummed out with the LFS (again, not the main one I go to.). They don't take care of the fish that well. I feel like when I go there and take a fish home, I'm saving a life. The tanks are ussually pretty hard to see through, cause there is so much "brown fur" as I like to call it (more commonly known as algea.) on the glass. Not to mention is always smells funny. Our main LFS here in town does a great job though! I've become pretty good friends with one guy there. He's been a HUGE help with everything, and he always gives me a straight answer. Anyway...

Protein skimmer should be here tomorrow. I'll be posting TONS of pics tomorrow night of the unpackaging, and of the skimmer it's self. Not sure if I'm goin to install the skimmer tomorrow night though. I don't want to risk having an overflow during the day while no one is here. I might just wait till the weekend. What do you guys think?

-RYknow

Well I'm a day late with pics. I'm home sick today, so I'll upload more pics, and if I'm feeling up to it I might take some more skimmate pics later.

So here we go, here she is!

100_4083.jpg

100_4084.jpg

These are a little dark, and give you a sneak peek of yours truly! :Cheers:

100_4086.jpg

100_4087.jpg
100_4090.jpg

100_4091.jpg

Mag 5.

100_4085.jpg

Here is Bermuda's "fix" to all the bubbles that dump into the tank. I'm still getting more bubbles then I want, so I'm going to have to do some modifications.

100_4088.jpg

100_4089.jpg

And here she is in the tank.

100_4108.jpg

100_4109.jpg

100_4110.jpg

-RYknow

EDIT: oops...too many pics...need to make another post. haha

And here is what I did to hopefully prevent an over-flow. Good thing I had a bunch of tubing leftover from a water cooled PC project! Worked out PERFECTLY! =]

100_4094.jpg

100_4111.jpg

100_4112.jpg

And last but not least, here is a pic of it running for the first time.

100_4113.jpg

I've been having a little bit of trouble getting it dialed in just right. The collection cup either just fills right up with water, or to skimmate (err....foam?) doesn't acctually flow into the collection cup. It seems to be very sensative. Small adjustments seem to make the world of difference. I'm going to keep at it throughout the day today, and hopefully have some good skimmate pics for you all tonight!

Thats it for now! :mrgreen:

-RYknow

Last edited:
Back