Softies and SPS

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
Some people claim that you can't keep softies and SPS in the same tank. I do understand what they are saying about ther potential chemical warfare. But what is your guys' take on this?

The reason I ask is because I really want a few SPS in my tank.

Well, I'm trying it. I'll let you know. I have plenty of softies and a lot of SPS.

In my old tank, I only had a couple SPS and a lot of softies, and the SPS did very well.

I have keep both for many years, you need to be very careful that your softies don't touch your SPS as well as LPS touching your SPS, there will probably be something that you won't be able to keep do to the chemical warefare.

Good luck

Well, yes, I have HEARD the same thing, and I'm sure there's truth to it, but I experienced good SPS growth in my old tank, so I'm not sure HOW much truth there is to it.

here is a shot of my 240 90% is SPS the rest is softies and LPS. my SPS grew super fast as well as everything else. :( looking at these pics makes me sad we lost almost all of our colonies of acro during our move.:(

front_shot_1_1_1_1.jpg

heres some close up shots so you can see growth better.

DCP_0332.JPG

DCP_0301.JPG

DCP_0334.JPG

DCP_0270.JPG

DCP_0305.JPG

20 penguin filter,red sea mini filter,skimmer,and 1200 azoo pump

56watt t5 is coming soon

nitrates 1-5

ph 8.2

phosaphates 0

calcium 340 trying to raise

and dont know others

20 penguin filter,red sea mini filter,skimmer,and 1200 azoo pump

56watt t5 is coming soon

nitrates 1-5

ph 8.2

phosaphates 0

calcium 340 trying to raise

and dont know others

you probably wont be able to keep any SPS in there not good enough lighting not high enough calcium (whats your alkalinity) you should master softies first then move to SPS.

Winy,
All those SPS you HAD,WAS awesome.
I'm going for 99.9% SPS in my 75.I just hope it looks 1/4 as good as yours DID.

Back