Solaris LED?

Adrastos

not getting a free ride
Yea - this lighting solution is digustingly expensive .. but

I am trying to find specs on what makes their LED light so much better. Does anyone have any good information on what makes the Solaris LED's so powerful?

bulbs last longer less power but way to expensive seen a couple in action just don't seem bright enough and plus fixture isn't real wide so hardly any good for 18" deep from front to back of tank or more.

PFO Solaris isn't the only game in town anymore.AquaIllumination also makes LED fixtures.When the price comes down(and you know it will)then it will be in my future.I particually like the 1% to 100% full lighting and do believe it is right up there with MH if not better.

There is a guy in my local club that runs leds. He programs the intensity with the actual lighting of the reefs. If it is cloudy on the reef in in cloudy in his basement.

All of the LED lighting so far is so spotlight like that basicly all of the area between the light packs cannot have High intensity light needing coral. I have read ALOT about these lights and it seems that if you want a tank full of SPS you still need MH because you either have to put the light 12 inches above the tank and lose some depth and your eyes or just go with MH.

I found the difference - they are actually using an 'off the counter' type of lighting. It's very expensive and can only really be bought in bulk. It is a very neat type of LED light - much different than the LED's that we use for moon lighting (or that I used on my house for christmas)

that and i beleive that the LED's are between 3 and 5 watt with special lenses to focus the light where as the ones from radio shack or othe electronic stores are usually 1 watt tops. Also those solaris lights have alot of programing that can be done such as cloud cover and dimming on and off. And I also beleive that they can also automatically adjust the length of daylight throughout the year. Worth the money if you got it. Plus they run cooler than MH or t5's and are alot cheaper to opperate.

Brian

LED is the acronym for Light Emitting Diode...I think this technology is gonna be huge in the near future. A typical led will last for roughly 10 to 12 years being continously run. Thats a LOT of money saved on MH, 10k, actinics lol not to mention the fact that they consume next to no energy! They've also come out with led's that have a 80-100 degree beam which gives a much wider and more even type of light. I dont know if this helps but it's just my 2 cents :)

Back