Some issues im having (need advice)

coralreefer

Reefing newb
Hi, i have a 55g reef, i have 2 clowns, 1 coral beauty, 1 tang, 1 damsel, and a cleaner shrimp. I'm using crushed coral, maybe 2-3 centimeters, i have around 1 pound per gallon of live rock. Now for issues...I have a prizm protien skimmer that like to produce bubbles, aquaclear 300 that produces lots and lots of bubbles, and a magnum 350 that makes lots of bubbles(i have to clean the microcartridge every second day to get rid of them). So im stuck with a tank thats full of bubbles, i could stop using the 300 but i think i need to use it, i don't think the magnum does a good enough job. :frustrat: Maybe i should take the foam out of the aquaclear and put 2-3 of crush coral in there and use it as a refregium ? but i'll probably still be stuck with bubbles....How can i fix these things ?
sspx0109.jpg
sspx0111.jpg
sspx0108g.jpg

Last edited:
I've never heard anything good about those prizm skimmers.
The best advice would be to upgrade your filtration.But if thats not in the cards,then you might try some sponges on the returns of the stuff that producing bubbles.
BTW,thats some nice looking aquascaping.

I had the same thing happen with my Octo 300. I got one of these blue foam filters for a canitster filter and zip tied it around the outlet pipe in my sump. Im assuming is HOB in the display? Second that on the aquascaping.

Back