Some issues im having (need advice)

Discussion in 'New to Reefing' started by coralreefer, Mar 30, 2009.

1. coralreefer

coralreefer

Hi, i have a 55g reef, i have 2 clowns, 1 coral beauty, 1 tang, 1 damsel, and a cleaner shrimp. I'm using crushed coral, maybe 2-3 centimeters, i have around 1 pound per gallon of live rock. Now for issues...I have a prizm protien skimmer that like to produce bubbles, aquaclear 300 that produces lots and lots of bubbles, and a magnum 350 that makes lots of bubbles(i have to clean the microcartridge every second day to get rid of them). So im stuck with a tank thats full of bubbles, i could stop using the 300 but i think i need to use it, i don't think the magnum does a good enough job. :frustrat: Maybe i should take the foam out of the aquaclear and put 2-3 of crush coral in there and use it as a refregium ? but i'll probably still be stuck with bubbles....How can i fix these things ?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
    coralreefer, Mar 30, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. coralreefer

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

I've never heard anything good about those prizm skimmers.
    The best advice would be to upgrade your filtration.But if thats not in the cards,then you might try some sponges on the returns of the stuff that producing bubbles.
    BTW,thats some nice looking aquascaping.

yote, Mar 30, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. coralreefer

BigH55 I'm that guy

I had the same thing happen with my Octo 300. I got one of these blue foam filters for a canitster filter and zip tied it around the outlet pipe in my sump. Im assuming is HOB in the display? Second that on the aquascaping.

BigH55, Mar 30, 2009
  4. coralreefer

mennazeher04

very nice aquascaping......i had the same problem with my skimmer and the foam pads helped alot.

mennazeher04, Mar 31, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question