Some kinda worm...

Pieler

Reefing newb
Hello all...

I was visually wandering thru my tank and found a very large (to me) worm looking thing.
Some history, tho probly not necessary. My tank is a 35, about 5 months old with live rock from my LFS as well as from liveaquaria.com.

I know, pics for most positive ID.. Problem is I don't have a camera.. Phone pic is included, but not very clear and only just an inch or so out from under the rock.
I found this, this past Tuesday...
It is between 1/4 and 3/8 inch in diameter and at least 3 inches long from what I have seen.
It is brown in color and not shiny. The skin looks leathery vs. shiny/smooth. The end that I assume is the head of it is typical earthworm shape and the color lightens very close to the tip. It seems to be at least sensitive to light, I was using an LED flashlight to view it and it seemed to pull away from it. It is always at least partially buried or under rock, as it is in the picture.

I would like to id this thing, though so far seems harmless.. My concerns mostly are either removing it or how to keep it alive, depending on it's desirablity. I suspect it is just a coincidence, however the day after finding it there was a dead hermit crab nearby..

Of course, I appreciate any help with this.....

Attachments

• img024.jpg
    img024.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 267
Back