Seahorse Whisperer
Had the camera out to shoot some of the new corals:

brownie.jpg

bubbles.jpg

greenie.jpg

the-shroomie.jpg

star-fishie.jpg

yellowie.jpg

nice pics! I like the little asterina star. Some say to watch out for them, however I have had no problems with them and are usually mistaken for eating corals when in fact they are feeding on dead tissue on already dying corals.

Some day my pics are gonna look as good as yours.:D
Great shots and those corals look extremely happy.

Some day my pics are gonna look as good as yours.:D
Great shots and those corals look extremely happy.

Yote, your shots are already looking pretty good! I'm glad the notebook idea is working so well for you it's amazing how far you've come in just a few weeks. When you're bored, you should look through your "before notebook" shots and your "after notebook" shots. The progress is obvious! Your POTM entry and your SPS growth shots are awsome gets!

Looking REALLY nice!!! I'm jealous!
Hopefully you don't get any hair algae, I'm finally out of that stage, yuck! I had some of those little star fish from IPSF but they disappeared and never came back.
What kind of camera are you using?
BTW love the blog!
-Alex

Looking REALLY nice!!! I'm jealous!
Hopefully you don't get any hair algae, I'm finally out of that stage, yuck! I had some of those little star fish from IPSF but they disappeared and never came back.
What kind of camera are you using?
BTW love the blog!
-Alex

Hi, Thanks! I have a Canon XSI that I am using for my tank shots. These shots were edited with Adobe Lightroom then Adobe Photoshop. That little starfish crawled itself up the glass the other day and smiled big for the camera! Isn't the guy at IPSF nice? He really helped me kick-start my tank.

Catherine

Catherine -
Yeah, he's really nice! Turns out he's originally from near where I live. Small world.
I liked the stuff I got from IPSF, but I think I overordered and got some stuff I didn't really need or didn't acclimate properly..

nice pics! I like the little asterina star. Some say to watch out for them, however I have had no problems with them and are usually mistaken for eating corals when in fact they are feeding on dead tissue on already dying corals.

I used to think they were harmless until they started picking zoas 1 x 1 off in my nano. I watched one for a few minutes and actually saw it eating the zoa. I say kill it!

Looks fantastic Cathrine. You're a hell of a photographer, the best I can ever get is a pretty blur across my screen lol.

Back