Some Tank Pics

BriOnH

Reefing newb
OK they aren't the best pics but hope you like em.
1fishtank012007.jpg

Tank02_012007.jpg

Tank03_012007.jpg

Tank04_012007.jpg

Can someone help me identify these orange things? Zoelanthrids?
Tank05_012007.jpg

Tank06_012007.jpg

Tank07_012007.jpg

Tank08_012007.jpg

Yep! I don't really have any good pictures of the entire tank.. I'll try to remember to take some and post them.

Nice tank. Did the zoas come free with the rock? Is that a mylar or somekind of reflective backing on the tank?

bobby said:
Nice tank. Did the zoas come free with the rock? Is that a mylar or somekind of reflective backing on the tank?

The zoas didn't come free with it, seperate 40$ purchase :( . The backing is kind of interesting. I never had a backing until about 1.5 years ago. I got tired of looking at wires and tank needs behind the tank so I'd let algea grow to cover the back. Obviously the tank looked bad like that. So when my fished died from a sea ananomy(sp?) mishap of me being stupid I knew I needed some backing and totally redid the tank.

Looooong story short (sorry about that) I picked out the best tank backing I could and it was a cheesy picture of some fish and rocks but it was the best I could find. When I went to put the backing on I noticed the blue color on the opposite side was much more pleasing to the eye so I installed the picture backing in backwards.

Do you guys think that big rock makes the tank look unproportional?

Thats a really cool bird Bobby. Is that a parakeet?

It's tough to tell if it looks proportional or not.. do you have any pictures of the tank from a distance..

I think it looks good, however, you could use more to fill in the empty spots.

The bird was one of my christmas presants to my wife, its a quaker parrot. Its alot bigger than it looks in the pic. I was going to get her a cockatoo but my bird guy said there like kids and need alot of attention.

That's a really cool looking bird. Is it very friendly? I used to have a parakeet. She was really cool. Would fly to my finger on command and loved getting her neck rubbed. She couldn't talk but she would try so hard to it was funny. Ater she passed I got another parakeet and she was so mean. Got another one after that, also mean as can be.

I am going to fill the space up in my tank.... looking forward to filling it slowly :).

Ya hes nice if you dont make him mad. They say these birds have abetter voabulary than the african grays but the grays speak better.

What are you filling it with? More rock or something else?

It can say more than that but this bird is alittle harder to understand. I cant wait till he learns, hes still young though so not talking yet. Right now were teaching him HELLO and the whistle song from Andy Griffith.

My male cockatiel knows those. He also says "Pretty bird" and can wolf whistle and say, "Ooooooh! Awwwwww!". We tried to teach him how to say "Cockatiel". Big mistake. I guess he isn't smart enough to grasp the entire word, so sometimes he just starts yelling "KAKA! KAKA! KAKA! KAKA!".

bobby said:
Ya hes nice if you dont make him mad. They say these birds have abetter voabulary than the african grays but the grays speak better.

What are you filling it with? More rock or something else?

Birds are a lot harder to take care of imo. Great pets though.

I a not sure what I am going to fill it with yet. As I go to the local reef store by me and look on line I am hoping things will 'call' to me. That big rock I got just felt meant to be. I wan't planning on buying any live rock that day. Speaking of which... and I will try to get some better pictures...

There are these brown sea anenomy looking things on the rock that are just blooming. I am not sure if they just need light or need to be fed. Any guesses pre-pic?

BriOnH said:
Thanks Adrastos! It's getting there. That big center rock (it's huge.) I just got. Someone traded it in at my local fish store and it was just so beautiful I had to get it.

You have a 46 bow too?
https://www.livingreefs.com/forums/...oning-fo-reef-3.html?highlight=reef#post17709

:D

I finally got around to taking a picture of my current setup. We are going to be adding more lace rock at some point in time.. but right now.. it's about 70 pounds total.. (mostly small pieces.. this picture doesn't do the tank justice!)

IMG_2058.JPG

From Scramento to Columbus! That's gotta be a lot of 46g front bow tanks!! That's some cool rock you have in there. Where did you get your tank Adrastos? I got mine at cau(petco)gh.

Brown sea anemone looking thingys could be a lot of things. Worse case scenario: aiptasia, i.e. "The Devil's Plague". The name says it all...

Back