some Wennerae Mantis questions

Pwny

Reefing newb
Aright so i just started getting some things together for my nano mantis tank build and wanted to ask a few things.

1. im going for a Wennerae Mantis that i understand get to be around 3 inch long and want to know what size pvc pipe you think it will need fully grown to clime through? im going to put multi exits and a roundabout in the tubeing so it just has to be able to crawl thrugh the pipe.

2. I dont really wana get a 20 lbs bag of sand for this lil tank is it ok to use some sand from the beach.

PetSmart sells bags smaller then 20 pounds, I think I bought like a 7 pound bag when I set up my first refugium.

well i was thinking somewhere in 5-10 lbs i want to have enough sand to cover the pvc cave i want to put in the tank to give him a hideing spot and to hold up a arch i want to build. i was thinking i might have to use 1" pvc because im not sure if i can get by with 1/2' pipe honestly ive never seen a mantis in person just in videos and want to make sure he wont outgrow the cave (even tho im sure he will dig all over the tank lol)

just wanted to see what people thought about useing beach sand for a invet setup :P

Back