Somebody is smoking in my 125 !!!

Reefrookie

Not so new anymore!
Last night I was doing my normal check of my rock work looking for new critters, and I thought I saw something like a puff of white smoke coming out of a small opening in my rock. Knowing that this was impossible, I continued to watch, and a few minutes later, it did it again. I could not see anything in the hole.
Any ideas on what it could be?

something is likely spawning......my snail was shooting white stuff all over the place the other day, and I've seen my urchin do it too

i saw the same thing in my tank when i first set it up ... there were several of them doing it ... i thought it was just tube worms filtering food from the water and then spewing out the left overs ... guess maybe i am way off base if it is a party going on

i remember one time we watched all the star fish in alexanders tank do that once....it took us a minute to figure out what was going on when we saw some white clouds and then we realized almost every star fish in the tank was out in the open and shooting off sperm. it was pretty incredible to see!

It is cool to watch. I saw one stomatella shooting off a cloud of eggs (clearly eggs), and another one shooting off a cloud of the "smoke".

I wonder how that all works out... one snail calls the other on the cell. Hey baby... I'll be over on the purple rock near the yellow ball... make sure you on the rock above me about 6 inches away... got a little surprise for ya ;)

I wonder how that all works out... one snail calls the other on the cell. Hey baby... I'll be over on the purple rock near the yellow ball... make sure you on the rock above me about 6 inches away... got a little surprise for ya ;)

i know thats how alexander pulls it off...works like a charm

Back