someone new to salt planing to build a sump+undergravel jets

You my friend are missing out! Once you go drilled, you never go back. Or...is is black... Hmmm? :shock:

I always heard, Once you go drilled, you always get filled:shock:

Never needed to drill my 29 gallon tank. I know that my next tank will be at least 100 gallons and be drilled.

saltwaterside.jpg

alright here is me trying to show you its not scaled right and pipes wont be that far back moreso just to ruffly show you how it will work pink is return to jet and green is drain

Ok so I changed sump plans around some let me kow what yall think
saltwatersump2side.jpg

this is going to be looking at sump
-grey is a 1262 Eheim pump for pumping water back to the tank
-red will be Eshopps 100 insump protein skimmer raised up about 4 in off base of the tank
-brown will be refugium
-light grey will be a peice of pvc with slits cut in side from a 90 deg elbow on bulkhead drain pipe (this might just turn into a filter sock from elbow)
saltwatersump2topview.jpg

and here is a top view of layout.
let me know what yall think

The other thing I would think of is all the livestock is generally used to flow coming from above, right? Would the undergravel jets cause issues with a CUC or sand moving livestock?

side
saltwatersump2side-1.jpg

saltwatersump2topview-1.jpg

drain side
saltwaterdrainside.jpg

if update the main page later with up to date info, also will prolly go with filter sock.

That looks good. Remember you may want to make a little more room for your return pump chamber since that's where the evaporation will show up, so if you have a larger area there will be less of a chance that your pump will run dry if you can't top off with fresh water for a while.

aright so its been a long time since i last posted but i started to build the stand and got the skeleton knocked out. There will be more to come soon.
stand1.jpg

ok so did some work since last post, i built out the legs some more gave it a floor bord some wood fill and a quick paint job. i picked up th 56 gal top and 29 gal bottom tanks for it also and there fitting nicely sofar. ordered a box of goodies also that should come in a few days for it. next up is puting finishing wood on sides back top and adding a door then more paint and wood fill! after this is done i can move to ugj and sump work.

stand2.jpg

stand3.jpg

heres the stand still needs door and top and anouther paint job i also got bored of that for a bit so i did the Undergravel jet return system also
ugj1.jpg

ugj2.jpg

Back