Something my clown will host?

Eissie

Reefing newb
So i have one little clown that i would love to see with a home, but im not sure what to get for it.

I have a 29gal biocube with the stock lighting. I have a condi anemone that im trying to get rid of because im terrified it will kill my tank.

So what is something i can get that my clown will host?

If your tank isnt a year old wouldnt risk it.
As for what a clown will host. Anything, realy, mine hosted my powerhead, candycane, hammer, frogspawn, the corner of the tank, the list goes on.
Maybe try a hammer or frogspawn?

Well if you want the clown fish to have a home. then I would recommend a Bubble tip nem. They are fairly hardy and they are good with adjusted types of light cause they will move to where they wanna be. But I would recommend making sure your tank has a few months of stability before you get anything involving a Nem. Clowns are just as happy playing in live rock they just wont live in there and lay eggs until they have a nem

Torch Coral. Have one in my fluval edge and my clown loves it.
Only problem with this vs an anemone, is at night the coral closes up and the clown is left out in the cold until the lights come back on the next day.

for a Beginner just start out with Live rock and wait for a month or two before you get into coral not a good idea until you get some experience under your belt. Dont make the same mistakes I made. Patients is a virtue learn to deal with that. Slow and steady will save you lots of money

Oh wait. haha I have had my tank set up for a while now. I have established liverock and things. Im sorry i didn't make that clear at first.

There is no guarantee that your clown will be host anything you put in there for them. I have frog spawns, hammer corals, GSP and other corals galore, but my clowns still prefer the corner of the overflow.

And i applaud you on not getting the nem.

But some great beginner corals you can try are mushrooms, zoas, leathers, pulsing xenias, kenya trees. All of those do well in dirty water and dont need a ton of light.

Thanks guys! I'll have a look at these corals and see what prices i can get on them, and if they are even avialable. When i decide and get one i'll post pics. <3

Back