something under a scale

BCReefer

pro stoner, newb reefer
so my purple pseudochromis has had this thing sticking out from under a scale for a while now, like 3 or 4 weeks. at first he was rubbing it against everything so i figured he'd get it out eventually, but its still there and its starting to look much worse. unfortunately he doesnt show me that side very often, and when he does the camera scares the hell out of him so a pic probly wont come anytime soon. ive considered catching him and holding him down and taking tweezers to get it out but that would likely hurt him more than leaving it. anyone know how to help with such a thing?

Could be Ich or a parasite...is it white? There is also black ich. If he's eating, he might be able to fight it off.

its about 1/8 - 3/16 of an inch, about 3mm or so. it's something sticking out from under a scale on the left side of his mouth, almost looks like a gnarly tooth or something like that. again, i've tried taking pics but he thinks the camera's something with a huge eye coming to get him so its virtually impossible. im gonna leave the camera next to the tank the next couple days and he might get used to it

Back