Sometimes this hobby sucks

BL1

So the lights came on this morning and I did my normal check on my tank and everything looked good. Then I get home from rehab 30 mins ago and it's all gone downhill ... My bubblegum chalice got knocked onto my hammer, the galaxias feeders are stretching a 1/4 of the way across the tank stinging all my Zoas, my flowerpot and alevopora aren't opening, my cleaner shrimp has gone missing, and to top it all off my leopard wrasse was fish jerky on the floor :grumble:

Last edited:
Oh wow Brian...I'm sorry to hear that. But yeah, you're right...sometimes this hobby sucks, but there's that satisfaction we get out of it also. Keep your head up, we've all had our days that made us want to re-evaluate why we do this.

I'm sorry Brian. That really does suck...especially about your poor wrasse.

The downsides of the hobby are that its expensive and sometimes unpredictable, which can get really frustrating at times...

Sorry Brian,that sucks.Someone famous(I don't remember who) once said that its not important if we ever reach our goal,it is the struggle that counts or something crazy like that,Lol

Wow that does suck epically. Poor wrasse....well like smitty said keep your head up. There is a reason we all buy this expensive stuff and when we do that we all know the risk involved. sorry bout your luck.

Thanks everyone. I'm pretty sure I know why the wrasse jumped though. I added another wrasse to the tank a few days ago and it was AWOL. Today was the first day the new one has been out and I think it spooked my leopard. It's definitely my fault I read that when the leopards get spooked they dive into the sandbed so I didn't think a top would be needed with her :( Lesson learned, I'm planning my new screen now.

This hobby reminds me of the Erasure song, Love to Hate You sometimes!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QES-eQ4lR5U]YouTube - ERASURE LOVE TO HATE YOU[/ame]

Back