Sound like a reasonable amount of food

Dakwan

Reefing newb
I've been feeding 5 chromis, 1 small cleaner wrasse, a 4 inchish naso tang and 5 inch ish blue hipp tang a large pinch of small herbivore pellets (i know.. previous owner used them and i figure i might as well not waste them) in the morning and the putting a maybe 1.5 inch by 1.5 inch piece of nori on a veggie clip.. in the afternoons i've been thawing and feeding a chuck of frozen mysis maybe the diameter of a nickel. (it turns into like 50 shrimp when it thaws) Also i should point out that they are in a qt with just a big piece of live rock.. there is no algae or pod population for mid day snacks.

It looks like alot of food when i put it in the tank but the fish eat like pigs and hover near the glass if they see me and its around feeding time. They don't stop eating until all the food in the tank is gone and when i get home the veggie clip is always empty.

Just wanted to get some feedback if people think thats a reasonable amount of food?

It depends on the types of fish. I feed all of my fish once a day with mysis, etc. Than I feed my tangs an algae sheet later on in the afternoon.

Fish will always eat like pigs, no matter how much you feed them. So it's hard to judge if you are feeding enough by the appearance of hunger! I think you are feeding enough. You could add a bit more at a different time during the day if you wanted.

Back