Sound the alarm! We have an escapee!

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
I woke up this morning to find one of my large Nerite Snails flew the coop!
He was on my base board moulding a few feet from the tank.
Then i found the snail trail. He left out the back of my canopy, came around to the side of the glass and made a diagonal path from the top back corner to the front bottom corner where he then made his way down my stand.
So I peeled him off the moulding (which took some effort) and tossed him back in the tank. Now he's climbing on the glass walls again. lol
I should put him in solitary for that. :grumble: :mrgreen:

Wow you're lucky he survived! I found one of my giant nassarius snails in the yard last week. I think he probably climbed out of the tank and one of the dogs took him outside. He did not make it though!

I like when my snails form a line on my centerbrace. Don't know why they do it, but the most i've seen at once was three, one right on top of the other.

In my freshwater tank years ago, I had a crab crawl out of my tank (dunno HOW he scaled the glass!!!), and I found him in the living room carpet; my cat was playing with him. Unbelievably enough, he survived! I put him back in and he was fine...and he did it at least 3 more times!

none of my snails got out of my tank but they like to crawl into my HOB Aqua C Remora skimmer and stay there for a long time.

gotta agree with alto yote, i put snails in both my overflows to keep the algae growth back there down so if i lose power the water stops flowing to my sump

Could very well be the case.Except there was no algae in the over-flow,besides the little bit of crud that built up on the bottom.But there was sure something in there they liked.

IT HAPPENED AGAIN!
I found my cat playing with him this morning.
Or maybe he was playing with my cat. I'm not sure.
Anyway, i picked him up and through him back in the tank and he was crawling around again.
:neutral:

sounds like you have one persistant snail. the furthest mine have made it was the overlow, they frequently take the waterslide ride down to the sump

thats crazy. lol. now ill live in fear that im gonna wake up with a snail on my face or something! haha! thts nuts. i dont think any snails can get out of alexanders tank though cuz he has a huge canopy.

my snails love to get sucked into the power heads and the fish don't seem to mind they eat them all up. it may sound sick but its cool to see a blender effect the heads have on them.

my snails love to get sucked into the power heads and the fish don't seem to mind they eat them all up. it may sound sick but its cool to see a blender effect the heads have on them.

Hahaha that's freaking hilarious! Mass snail suicide! Wtf! That would be cool to watch and slightly disturbing. Haha.

Back