spider looking thingy

bwaller76

Love my tanks!
ok so I dont have an actual picture of this but me and my son were watching the tank last night and saw little what appeared to be spider webs... we were like holy crap! So today we are watching the tank and low and behold there is this tiny little spider scurrying across on of the pieces of live rock. Now I dont have an actual picture but i found a picture of something that it looks like and hopefully it will help to identify this and tell me if it is good or bad.

sbspider.jpg

The spider thing and the webs are unrelated. The webs are vermatid snails. The spider thing -- was it black or white/clear?

+1 dcan, this is very creepy (in a i wont be able to sleep at night if it were in my tank kind of way). This creature doesnt look like anything that would belong in water...but then again, mother nature is full of surprises.

my wife reminded me that some house spiders can go underwater for extended periods of time by bringing with them a small bubble of air... I have searched and searched and nothing on this spider...and if I counted correctly it does have eight legs

aaaaaand right after this post went over to the tank and low and behold there is a dead spider floating around! I fished it out with a small net and laid it on the table. It was an unfortunate spider that could withstand saltwater and hold its breath long enough to weird me out!!!!

STRANGE SAUCE

still not convinced its dead...so I pinpointed it on the counter and am going to go back to sleep. When I wake up I guess I will know if it was a superhero spider!

Back