Splitting Ricordias

Doc

I don't work for anybody
I bought an orange ric about 3 months ago, maybe 4 and it has never showed signs of wanting to split. it seems as if they are pretty slow to do so. It looks as if it is finally wanting to split, which means in another 4 months, I might have 4 of them. It looks to me like there are 2 centers where there used to be 1. I wanted to get a shot of this for a comparison pic in a few weeks, depending on how long it takes for them to split

PC140001.jpg

I also wanted to show the size of the green ric compared to the orange one

PC140002.jpg

the orange ones are about the size of a quarter, while the green one is bigger than a half dollar

-Doc

Cool Doc. I don't have any Ricodria yet, but plenty of mushrooms.

Check out this green fuzzy that started splitting yesterday. About 4 months old. No influence from me--it just started splitting on it's own.

SplittingFuzzies.jpg

Doc, the green one looks like a yuma, while the orange one is a florida. The yumas get a lot bigger than the floridas.

Congrats on the new baby! I have a blue one and an orange one that started splitting about three months ago and still haven't detached from each other. It takes forever...

thank you for the correction. I am glad to see that my posts have such an affect on you. I will try to spell "Ricordea" correctly from now on. I will gladly accept my lashings, if you promise to be gentle and call me Marge while you do it....:mrgreen:

-Doc

Biff,

it seems as if my "ricordeas" (see Dominick, I am a fast learner) have been trying to split for a month now. I am hoping they will hurry the hell up. It is taking forever. I am hoping that if I add a better looking one close buy, it will hurry up the separation!!!

As for the green one, if it really is a Yuma, I will be stoked!!! I only paid $15 for it instead of $50. Damn those Yuma are pricey

-Doc

if you want to get them to split fast, all i can say is good luck. i have one that is almost a year old now and when i got it it already has 3 mouths and untill now it still haven't split completely. all it does was grow another mouth, so there are 5 mouths on 1 head. you can grab a blade and cut them to where you want it. i did this to my other rics. i cut it carefully that after the cut both pieces are still attached to the rock so i don't have to worry about losing a frag of ric.

I doubt I will be cutting anything. I will just have to be patient and love them into changing

-Doc

Back