spot feeding

Hey parrochute, I found this stuff by aquavitro its called fuel. Give it a try it will make your corals take off:Cheers:. I love what its done for my tank:bowdown:

I personally have never target fed my corals. They get all they need from the lighting and water column. I have several corals over 10 yrs old so it must be working.

I personally have never target fed my corals. They get all they need from the lighting and water column. I have several corals over 10 yrs old so it must be working.
It's not that I want to feed them to keep them alive, but to increase their growth rates. I've heard that feeding can definitely help that...

It's not that I want to feed them to keep them alive, but to increase their growth rates. I've heard that feeding can definitely help that...

Your question is a good one. Let`s look at some before and after pics from no target feeding and getting what they need from the water column.

Before
attachment.php

After
010.jpg

Before
attachment.php

After
012_499600.jpg

Before
attachment.php

After
100_1580.JPG

Before
attachment.php

After for both
012.jpg

and
greenbrain.jpg

one more before
attachment.php

after
100_1897.jpg

I have no problem with someone target feeding but just wanted to show you that it is not necessary for good growth.

I understand, but that doesn't mean target feeding won't help growth.
I'm upgrading my lighting, and at the same time going to try to do some spot feeding to see if I can get my frogspawn to get a little bigger - it's stayed the same size for the past 7 months I've had it.

Target feeding can help, but like others have said, isn't necessary. I totally understand you wanting to do it to speed up growth -- that's what I'm doing to my ricordea tank right now. For your frogspawn, it will take stuff like mysis.

Anywhere between 7-10 yrs. It`s not really a true pic because I have sold many more mushrooms to my LFS for store credit and the thin finger leather has been fragged twice already. I just want people to know that you do not have to target feed to get good color and growth.

Thats good to hear. I don't want to feed mine right now (or ever) unless I have to. I'm still working to get the nitrates where I want them.

When I had mine I never fed him. I had him about 5 yrs and then sold him to a friend. IMO another example of getting what you need from the lighting and water column. I do know lots of folks that do feed their anenome. I just dont think it`s necessary.

Back