spot on the floor

bwaller76

Love my tanks!
ok so I have had this strange thing growing on the bottom of the tank. I let it grow just to see what it did and am now perplexed as to what it could be. It started as a black spot on the sand and slowly grew and enveloped some of the fine sand on the bottom and now one side of it is starting to curl up... here are some pics kind of a 180 degree view in three pics...also there is some really flourescent green stuff around it and growing around my tank on the sand.

IMG00321-20100304-2001.jpg

IMG00320-20100304-2001.jpg

IMG00319-20100304-2000.jpg

or suck it up with a syphon hose, thats what i do.. i remove the gunk, and water, and then i replace the water with new, voila... cleanup and waterchange all in one...

The others have you covered... It's either Cyano or a space creature spawned by those we don't speak of, growing in your tank to get you today, and tomorrow the world... Get it out of there! You do want to save the world don't you?

i would be willing to bet that its a combination of the lighting, and the camera and its perception of "white" under thoes particular lighting conditions.

well the good thing is that little pile is the only spot that has really manifested itself other than a few spots of green so I should be able to get most of it out!

so i broke out the huge skimmer and skimmed it for a while and all looks well now...just have to keep an eye on it for a while.

Yeah.Just keep an eye on it.
It'll probably come back as your tank matures.The first year of the tank is normally the worst as far as fighting algae goes.

well i consider this tank to be my live rock and maybe some experimenting to get things right and get some experience tank so making mistakes now is a very good thing

Back