Spots on glass

Becca

Reefing newb
So I get home yesterday and there are these little (tiny) white spots on the glass, they look like a tiny anemone, I could not get a picture becuase they are to small and you cant see then on film. What do you think they are?
The LFS said more then likely they are glass nome and to scrap them off.

Are they spiral shaped? If so, they are spirorbid worms (reef safe filter feeders). If they are solid, then they could be coralline. Either way, not a big deal.

Do they kinda look like snowflakes?
If so,then I'd say hydroid jellies.Which will eventually go away on their own.

They look like the very 1st picture under Hydroids.
Everyday it seems there are more of them, is there anything I can do to get rid of them.
Someone told me to try and net them, but they go right thru the net they are to small to net.
Any other suggestions?

They'll go away on their own.
They are actually just a small hitch hiking jellyfish that we get with our rock.They seem to thrive in a new system for a while.But once their food supply(what ever that may be) is gone,their gone.

This is a picture of them

70677hydroid.jpg

yea thos are jellies for sure. nothin to worrie about, i posted a thread to cuz i didnt know wat they were once too. i scraped them off and they came back.but there gone now.

The free living hydroids like the ones on your glass will go away on there own like the others have said.

They are harmless.

Back