Spreading Star Polyps

dankolle

Reefing newb
Hey guys,
I have some star polyps that have just covered the rock I got from my LFS about 8 months ago. I think they are actually hindering their own growth by growing over top of the other polyps. I have a few empty spots in my tank when I rearranged my rock and I would like to spread some polyps over in that direction. How should I go about doing that?

Imageshack - 0720001603.jpg

Imageshack - 0720001605.jpg

you can cut the polyps off with a razor and attach them to the area of your choice with some super glue but do not do this in the tank take the rock out that you want them to attach to and do it out of the water then place the rock in a bucket of salt water fow a few seconds the glue will instantly harden and you may place back in the tank or you can do this on a plug

So I need to be a little aggressive with it then? I am always afraid of squishing something with my big clumsy hands

yes, the guy at my lfs just reached in the tank and tore off a piece for me then glued it to a small rock and presto instant frag, you do have to be a little careful when doing so but it can be done easily

wow ok sounds good! I'll give that a shot. In regards to it growing over its self do you know if it is killing off what is underneath? (no light?)

I used a razor blade,cut off a piece of mat and superglued it to the back wall.They spread too fast for me so all two square foot of the colony was returned to the fish store.

I used a razor and cut some of the over growth off and glued it to a disc. It appears to be working perfectly! Thanks for the confidance I needed to cut my coral haha

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back