sps comeback. possably acro crab

Kwater

Chill
i have two small acropora frags that this thread will focus on. i have a small acro crab. i had a small i belive cluster acropora and it was healthy and growing. then the acro crab went on it, about a week and a half later the coral started to loose color and start to die, not bleech. now that the acro crab has left that sps coral and migrated to my small baby blue acropora the old sops coral has made a comeback. the polyps are back and it is starting to turn floresent agin. but then my baby blue coral started dying when the acro crab went on it. now the acro crab has disapeared, possably died, it was a hitch hiker, and the baby blue acropora has made a comeback. i love acro crabs but sdo i need a large acro colony for them to live on, not small frags. thanx for help

Are you sure it was an acro crab? Was it you that posted a pic of the acro crab a couple weeks ago and WinyFrog and I both said it didn't look like an acro crab, it looked like a predator?

Are you sure it was an acro crab? Was it you that posted a pic of the acro crab a couple weeks ago and WinyFrog and I both said it didn't look like an acro crab, it looked like a predator?

ummm no not me i have never posted a pic of him. well allmost all the acros at the lfs had them on them. they said they try to get the colonies with acro crabs on it because it signifies that it is healthy. and i checked my water it was all good. my nitrate is the lowest it has ever been. i had no idea a refugium was that good.

Try to get a picture of the crab so that we can be sure that its a safe acro crab. (that way we can rule that out for sure)

What about your phosphates? Alk? etc.

Try to get a picture of the crab so that we can be sure that its a safe acro crab. (that way we can rule that out for sure)

What about your phosphates? Alk? etc.
well my aklinity is purfect and i dont know about phospates, but just take my word that they are good, because everything is doing great, and my phospates have never been high, i take regular mantance to avoid it. its a mystery, my only guess is the colony was too small. the crab also loved to eat zooplankton, dont know if that m,eans anything though.

either case(predator or acro crab), a larger SPS colony will handle any kind of hitchhiker/symbiont than a 1" or so frag IMO.

Back