SPS Coral Identification Needed.

B1N4RY

Reefing newb
Purchased these and would love to know their names.

Was told this was a Pink Millipora.
Aquarium-1-2_zpsade22005.jpg

No clue what this is.
Aquarium-2-2_zps67807c6d.jpg

Was told this was an original Oregon Tortusa.
Aquarium-3-2_zps2d1c55c7.jpg

No clue what this is.
Aquarium-4-2_zps1adee2e0.jpg

No clue what this is.
Aquarium-5-2_zps332d02ce.jpg

No clue what this is.
Aquarium-6-2_zps2e9398cc.jpg

Was told this is a green millipora.
Aquarium-7-2_zps157b83b7.jpg

Nice pick ups! I think what you were told is accurate. I have a few milliporas, a tort, and a few acros in my tank and they fit what you have. The second pic I do believe is a green slimer (acropora). The other unnamed are also acros of some sort, but probably don't have an official name. I don't know enough about acro species to tell you the actual species names. Once light aclimated, all will appreciate strong light and flow, and will need stable good parameters. Enjoy them!

EDIT: On second thought, the last pic might be a stylophora instead of a millipora

Nice pick ups! I think what you were told is accurate. I have a few milliporas, a tort, and a few acros in my tank and they fit what you have. The second pic I do believe is a green slimer (acropora). The other unnamed are also acros of some sort, but probably don't have an official name. I don't know enough about acro species to tell you the actual species names. Once light aclimated, all will appreciate strong light and flow, and will need stable good parameters. Enjoy them!

EDIT: On second thought, the last pic might be a stylophora instead of a millipora

Thank you! They seem to be doing well so far.

Back