SPS frenzy!

Solarfall

Totally Gnar
I just got myself 7 SPS frags for $100. Most of them are a pretty good size too. Check it out.

Lime green Hydno. Makes me really wish I had dedicated actinics on my tank, but the 14k bulbs are nice too.

SPS5.jpg

Orange Digi, I love this one

SPS1.jpg

Some kind of acro

SPS3.jpg

Pocillipora, This frag is pretty big, like 2" across at the top looking down and like 3" tall

SPSpoc.jpg

Another Poc, kind of dissatisfied with this one. A big chunk of it is missing.

SPS2.jpg

A birdsnest: Always thought birdsnest looked dumb until I put it in my tank :) , this one's pretty big too.

SPS6.jpg

I also got a purple monti cap but havn't found a good spot for it yet. I'll post a pic when I do. Looks like I've been stricken with the SPS flu. Lol.

Got em from a local reefer about a week ago. I'm definetly sticking with buying from locals now. Much better prices and bigger frags. Oh, and I can haggle a little haha.

I've been playing around with placement and found good spots, so far so good.

Don't put anything near the hydnopora. That is 1 nasty coral and will kill anything that gets too close. I got rid of all the hydnopora I had for that reason.

Larry beat me to it. Hydnophora are a VERY toxic coral...one of my favorites but they definately do not play well with others.

Just gave them all their first feast of phyto. Everything except for the digi and the small pocillipora sent out feeder tentacles.

Any ideas on that?

+1 yote
Phytoplankton is plant (algae) based. It's a good food for feeding pods and rotifers and all the little bugs in our tanks. Corals are carnivores and eat meat....like zooplankton.

Back