SPS in Chattanooga

sailfin

What reef tank?
Does anyone know why we don't have a LFS that carries SPS? With that being said, where did you guys get most of yours? I got mine from the frag swaps. Without those I wouldn't have any.

hey man, the fish stores dont carry alot because when they do get some they mark the prices up so high no one can afford them, and they sit there and die over time. Les is planning on haveing alot of sps at the new store though. He got a couple pieces in but they were sold quite quickly. I think he might have 1 or 2 pieces left? He has alot of lps stuff though.

I am going by there tomorrow. Any idea what time he opens? Is he going to have any grand opening deals?

:bounce:

hey, I just called him and he said to try to come by after 12. Hes suppose to be there earlier but needs time to get things running. He said from 12 - 8
Everything is a great deal compared to the other lfs.

hey sailfin I must have just missed you at the store today, brandon pointed you out to me and when I went up to meet you you were gone. maybe next time. what did you think of the store? I think its got potential.

The market for SPS compared to other corals is smaller as well, and with the requirements most of them need (especially Acropora)-very clean water, high flow and high light-they're not very conducive to retail settings. Not only that, but they're on the high end cost-wise as far as wholesale pricing goes (they're not usually marked up as much as you think) and many die in the store before being sold. Standard retail markup on a medium Acro colony would price them in the $80-120 range (3-4" colony).

I'll be bringing in some acros over the next few weeks as well, and I'll let you know when I have some to get rid of.

Hey Ironman. My wife and I were there and I think I did see you come in as we were in the back. I think Les has a great setup back there. Maybe needs a little more tank lighting. I know that has to be expensive, but I still think it is needed. Did you see the PPE's he had? If they weren't PPE's they sure looked like it. I think he has great potential. He also stated he will be getting in around 75 more pieces this week!! I wonder when he gets his shipments??? :question:

It was nice meeting you Brandon. I was sorry to hear that your 92 gallon wasn't as nice as you had hoped. Are you still going to post some pics?

Crazyfrags - By all means please let me know when you want to "get rid" of some acros. I'll be waiting.

Back