SPS Keepers (please chime in)

texreefer

Battle Dwarf
Did a few parameter tests after about 2 weeks of automated dosing 5ml every 3days of ESV B-Ionic 2 part, and had these results :

cal - 420 (hanna checker)
alk - 7.6 (hanna checker)
P04- 0.01 (hanna checker)
Mag - ~1460 (salifert)
SG - 1.026

Salt is Aquavitro Salinity 5g WC's every sunday

The tank is 8g with 20 long sump/fuge, and AI Nano and is SPS dominant but all are small frags. My concern is that my alk may be a bit low, what do you guys have as a target range or what have you found to work best ?

I am new to the SPS world and there are SO many conflicting threads that my head is spinning. Any help would be awsome.

Thanks in advance

Everything looks good for the most part. My issue is my blue torts, they are receeding from the base, it is super slow and only started when I lowered my lighting intensity to acclimate some new frags. I have started raisng my lights again but it seems that the popular alk # is around 9 so I want to make sure that with me being at 7.6 that im not harming anything.

7 isn't dangerous, but you should definitely try to keep it between 8-11 imo. Make sure the sps that's receding a little is getting good flow around it.

It may not have been your water parameters...the piece was probably stressed from when or before you got it, and never really recovered. Sorry to hear that you lost it tho.

Back