Stag's 125 Gal v 2.0

Yeah my stand is 43" high, its the same height as the window that its going to be next to.

I got a bucket of Seachem Matrix that I am going to use.

Had some new stuff when I got back from Knoxville.

9339559494_3fc412609f_b.jpg

Picking up my 55gal Sump tomorrow and might work on it.

Got a couple of questions first.

What silicone should I use to put the acrylic in the sump? Also where the heck do you get acrylic for stuff like that?

And when I get to plumbing, what glue stuff do you recommend for putting it together?

The MP40s will definitely be plenty for a 125, I just got both of mine not to long ago and these things FLOW !!! lol I only use mine at 40 % to 50 % in reef crest mode and NTM and they move water like crazy. Maybe if my sand was a bit more course I would turn it up a bit more. Still want to get that battery back up also.

Also what return pump would you guys suggest? I had an external pump for my last tank, and this one is going to be inside the sump.

Well was going to pick up my sump tank last night....but they didn't have one at the store I went to. So im going to get it today instead, but I do have all the supplies for it so it will be done soon.

My goal for today when I get home is get the stand 100% done and get a coat of paint on it, then get my tank cleaned up and looking like new.

This is turning into a super slow build, but worth it when I do it all correctly the first time.

Also might have to put a hold on getting the APEX controller for the time being, gotta get some funds for it. I will be getting all of my rock and such from Tampa Bay Salt Water though.

Update:

Got the stand for the most part done, going to paint it this afternoon and clean the tank out. The tank is kind of gross, but will be looking good when im done with it. Picking up the sump tank tonight, and picking up plumbing tomorrow to get it all started.

9427625053_495ef0ded0_b.jpg

9430448502_66fcb34330_b.jpg

Trying to decide between a 1800gph and a 1200 gph return pump, most likely mag drive. Im leaning towards the 1800 one since my stand is higher than most normal stands.

Considering you have 2 overflows I would go with the 1800, im actually debating getting a additional overflow box for my tank and bumping up my pump size also.

Considering you have 2 overflows I would go with the 1800, im actually debating getting a additional overflow box for my tank and bumping up my pump size also.

Thats what I was feeling as well.

So looks like my tank is going to have to go on hold for a little bit. The living room floor has been coming up and forming "speedbumps" in the hardwood floor. The carpenters put in the floor incorrectly so it has to get fixed. So instead of moving my stand and tank into the room tomorrow we have to move it all out.

Will update soon. I want the tank running asap.

Also does anyone have a good diagram or anything on how to plumb a return and overflow through bulkheads? Probably going to make durso standpipes as well.

Might go through d2mini's thread and take a look. I want to get this planned on how im going to do it before I start setting it up. Since I have this delay it will be a good time to figure it all out.

Just realized I have a mag drive 9.5b sitting around.

Trying to decide if I want to use that one and another 9.5 for my returns, or if that would be too much for the bulkheads and returns.

Back