Stand/ canopy

Anyone here build their own? I want to start to plan out my future tank and kinda rather build my own stand and canopy. Pics are a + if u got em

I've built 1 stand (for my 30 gallon angler) and 3 canopies for my 125,30 and a 10 gallon...
don't have pictures of the building process though,sorry

I built mine about 4 years ago. I didn't take any pics during the construction phase, but I did post my 3D models on the internet (so apologies for the link to another site). I ended up building it for a 75 gallon instead of a 65 gallon, but it's still standing like a rock (it's actually way overbuilt).

DIY 65 Gallon Stand Build Thread - Model Draft - MonsterFishKeepers.com

Unfortunately, I didn't put anything up for the canopy. I think I still have it on the PC at home, so I will look for it after work.

Here's my old 46g build thread that starts off with the stand and canopy build. It's for a bowfront but you get the idea. First thing I ever built in my life. :lol:
https://www.livingreefs.com/d2minis-46g-bow-front-t15562.html

Also, i know there is a calculator on ReefCentral somewhere that tells you how much material and stuff you need for whatever dimensions you input, for the basic frame. Would be nice to find that and get it over here. After you skin it from there is up to you.

Holy shyt Dennis, thats fawking sweet! You got some skills i must say. Fortantly the lazy friend i have finally has come along and i can get my canopy tomorrow. I was so ready to do it myself...I know he did a kick ass job! Ill post some pix tomorrow or WED.

Back