Star Polyp

winnie

Reefing newb
I'm thinking of glueing a bit of GSP onto the back of my new 120 and letting it take over. I'm not a huge fan of coraline algae...at least on the back panel. I think it might be sweet to see it swoosh in the current

Has anybody done this? How did you like it?

-Heather

my friend has GSP on the whole back of his 90 gallon tank, it looks really cool with the actenic lights and glows green on the whole back of his tank

I agree it would look cool, if you have an unattached piece you could glue that would prolly be the best... I have been trying to get some to attach just by having GSP pressed against the glass for months with no success :/

I'm thinking of glueing a bit of GSP onto the back of my new 120 and letting it take over. I'm not a huge fan of coraline algae...at least on the back panel. I think it might be sweet to see it swoosh in the current

-Heather

What an amazing idea! :bowdown:
I was just looking at some of this a few weeks ago and trying to figure out where to put it. Too much flow and it looks sparse and skimpy but definitely needs some flow to "glimmer". The back of the tank would be perfect!!! Hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea.

I have GSP on the back of my tank also. After numerous attempts to glue it with superglue gel, I lowered the water level during a water change, dried off the back wall where I was attaching it, and then super glued it to the glass.

What I am finding out is that after about 6 months growth, the GSP is growing up and sideways, and not down at all. Keep that in mind when deciding where to glue it on at

What an amazing idea! :bowdown:
Too much flow and it looks sparse and skimpy but definitely needs some flow to "glimmer". The back of the tank would be perfect!!! Hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea.

Mine is just the opposite. The more flow the better growth and length the GSP have!

I have some growing on my overflow...someday it'll hopefull cover the back. The way I attached it was I put a rock of it right against the back, and eventually it grew onto the glass on it's own.

ok, that is too cool! I'm doing it for sure.

How would you glue them? What kind of glue would be non toxic to my live stock? I've used marine glue lots for under what applications. But wouldn't this be toxic?

please let me know, thanks

You can use regular super glue gel from the grocery or hardware store. Any brand is fine, but a lot of people like the Loc-Tite super glue gel. Make sure it's the gel. Regular super glue is too runny.

I just got a rock covered with them from a guy selling off his livestock. That is just what I had in mind. I like the way it waves around.

Back