starfish help

hibye

Reef enthusiast
my sand shifter star seems to be decying its arms are getting shotter and shorter do you guys know why

im gonna test my water today at my lfs since im otta nitrates testand it has enough to eat definetly

I think sand siffters need at least 50 gal tank to live happy in anything smaller they will starve. The also need a well established tank.

ive read that when they starve , they loose structural proteins that causes mass reduction ...probably this is the case...try to let some food to deposit on the bottom ..so she can have some..if is not to late..

I just got a sand sifting star fish. My first one. Yesterday I noticed that my Tomato Clown had him in his mouth! I guess he was getting to close to his anemone or something. Freaked me out!

i tested the water nitrate were 25-55 wow and phos was 1.0 so i have to get a net for the phosban and i had to put the horrible skilter skimmer on. way to many bubble and the fish a re scared to death of it but i had to hae it on because i need to lower ther nits also im gonna sipon the gravael,i know you guys are gonna say thast if i do that then the starfish will definetly die but ill try to put some frozen food under it each day

Back