Starry Blenny

It is acclimating now. Anything special to know about these guys? I really liked my bicolor, but just couldn't bare to get another one of those after what happened, too sad for me. The emerald crab went back to LFS today. No doubt in my mind he was the culprit in my recent losses after I seen what he did. I had to bait him and I swam that piece of shrimp around like a fish and watched him hunt.

They are totally awesome! I have one and just love him!

But they do get this really scary color change thing when they are upset about something, I call it his war colors. They become a very pale tan color with dark spots. Not anything to worry about, usually goes away in a few minutes once they calm down.

The emerald crab went back to LFS today. No doubt in my mind he was the culprit in my recent losses after I seen what he did. I had to bait him and I swam that piece of shrimp around like a fish and watched him hunt.

Wow, that's crazy and super scary! Glad he's out of your tank! And congratulations on your new blenny - the starrys look soo cool :)

I recently got a starry blenny and I just love him! His color changes are so cool and happen so quickly. He is a riot to watch when eating the algae off the rocks also.

They are totally awesome! I have one and just love him!

But they do get this really scary color change thing when they are upset about something, I call it his war colors. They become a very pale tan color with dark spots. Not anything to worry about, usually goes away in a few minutes once they calm down.

Owbries war colors come out when the sides of the tank are cleaned. Like he's jealous someone else is doing his job.

Sidenote: when I was looking for him after the heater debacle, this was the method I used to find him :D.

He cracks me up with it. The kids call him "creepy fish" and their favorite thing is to watch him freak out when I wipe the sides down.

Back