starter corals???

ZOOT098

Reefing newb
im planning on my first corals when my tank reaches its 2 month birthday

im looking for recomendations on easy beginner corals that will be hardy

as far as lighting goes i am running a nova extreme pro

suggestions would be helpful

thanks in advance

nova extreme pro are T5's right? you could put them as close to the tank as you want if you want more light. Zoanthids, green star polyps (GSP), mushrooms are all very hardy corals, and dont need alot of light. Those were my first ones.

I would get some mushrooms and see how they do. If you can't keep mushrooms you aren't going to be able to keep much else. Acans can be very expensive and if you lose them it might be a bummer. Leathers, candy canes, brains, zoos and some of the other soft coral and LPS are pretty easy to take care of, but might be better to wait because they are more money and seem to be more sensitive than mushrooms.

Mushrooms, zoanthids and leathers are the easiest. If you can keep those three kinds, you can try some of the easy LPS like torch, frogspawn and hammer. Other easy LPS are bubble corals, fox corals and brains.

I have the Nova Extream Pro also, sitting on mounting legs, and my GSP's are sitting on the gravel and are doing very well. There is plenty of light from the Nova for these corals

thanks all
that should give me some options to think about and research ahead of time

ive only been at this a few months but found out questions and research are cheaper than trial and error

we just got our first ones 2 weeks ago, some zoa's and a silver tip Xenia. The Xenia is so neat because of the pulsing action, and we can already see it growing. I would definitely reccommend it!

Back