starting a 29 gallon reef tank

pffftttabby

Reefing newb
so i have a 29 gallon salt water tank running for a few weeks now. im slowly making moves and whatnot. as of now i have live rock, sand. two filters both aqua clear, the larger one is for 40-70gallons. i also have a protein skimmer. I have a mated pair of clown fish, and a hippo tang ( i do realize the size they grow to and he will eventually be transferred into my fathers soon to be 100-150gallon.) A snail which keeps producing baby snails.. and a hermit crab. I plan to get an anemone for my clowns, and coral. Im looking for a light and something to stimulate a current, and any information and advice such what i need to help my live rock stay vibrant and colorful, and eventually my corals.

thanks..
tabby

Well gratz on the tank and welcome, The protein skimmer and rock is all you will need for filtration. The aquaclears you can remove. For current, you just need 2-3 powerheads, Koralia 750's would be a good choice for flow and direction. Lighting all depends on you. You will need a good t5 setup metal halides or LED's in order to keep corals. Budget will determine some of it but T5's are great for anyone.

Each has its own + and - you just need to do a little research into which one you would like more.

Im also not one to point out the obvious but I'm sure you wouldnt like to live in a room that was 8x8 just because you would be getting a larger room to live in later.

welcome to the site..:D
live rock and the skimmer is all you will need I agree get rid of the aqua clear filters will be more of a headache to you down the road..you will want to get near 40 times your water volume for a flow so around 1100 gph or so.. lighting will depend on wether it is a cube or not.. cube you may want to look into m.h. if a standard 29 t-5 will work for you.. a little bit more of a cuc wouldnt hurt either maybe a brittle star a few more snails( nass for sand stir)...anyway good luck and ther are alot of people here who can help along the way getting it going..:D

Back