Starting a 350 gallon reef tank

jonny68847

Space Age
:sfish: I am starting a saltwater tank and i am just looking for a few pointers on how to set up and put about 27 to 27 smaller fish in it???

Is the tank established? One thing I do to establish a new tank is live sand, live rock, and a piece of store bought shrimp let that sit and check your nitrate, nitrite, and amonia lvls periodically till its all evened out. At that point you can start adding your fish but add them a couple at a time to keep from having a chemical overload. Add two or three let sit for a few days check lvls add some more, the way I used to do it is I had a seperate quarentine tank and seein as how it is reccomended to keep them in a quarentine tank for two weeks set a couple in there 2 weeks later add them to the tank add a couple more to the quarentine tank monitor both tanks the following two weeks repeat the cycle hope this helps.

As the 350 will be a bit difficult to treat if your new fish bring a parisite or infection. The quarantine mentioned above is actually a very proper way to make sure your fish are heathy, feeding, and desease free. Now as for the number you can saftely add at one time, I would say you could probably add
6 at a time with no problem as long as your water volume is at least 200 gal. Do not crowd in quarantine so the rotation mentioned above is excellent advice. good luck, pics please.

He must be, it took me along time to talk my wife into a 125 and now she wants it gone. There is a rule here jonny if you have a 350 gal tank you have to post lots of pics. j/k But I do want to see them.

That or he is rich and has alot of time on his hands. I feel your pain Bobby I just talked my into a 125 as well she is still not happy about it. But if women can have there makeup and avon then why cant men have their fish tanks?

Now Jelly you know that I don't care if Jerm has his tank or not. Just as long as we have the money. If he is willing to work over time for it, then by all mean he can have it. Plus I don't wear make-up or order from Avon. Except for extreme rare occasions.:mrgreen:

yeah mator but your also the one who wears the pants in the family, And biff yes you were blessed with looks, some women feel they have to buy the company just to walk out the door in the morning.

Biff I didnt say she was the only one, I just said rare. So you better tell your hubby not to let you go either, or I'm making a trip to AZ.LOL

Back