starting out

bendy

Reefing newb
Hi everyone looking at getting into saltwater fish and that. I need to start from scatch how much will it cost and what type of stuff do I need and anyone got anything for sale that can help me out.

Thanks Ben

The tank that I just set up today... I got the tank and stand free from my brother. I used the live rock I have from the two tanks I just tore down. I bought new sand, lights, skimmer, overflow box, skimmer, plumbing, two new power heads, new test kit, I did this extremely on the cheap side. Oh and its a 45 gallon tank. I am into as i wright a little over $700 usd.

Hello and welcome to the site...check your local craigslist.com for deals of people getting out the hobby or up/downgrading.

Associated costs can vary based on your locale.

First thing you should do is RESEARCH. Read some articles. I can't stress the importance of this enough.....there is a lot of information to assimilate and rushing through it almost always ends in disaster. You'll be much happier in the end if you research everything very carefully.

The tank that I just set up today... I got the tank and stand free from my brother. I used the live rock I have from the two tanks I just tore down. I bought new sand, lights, skimmer, overflow box, skimmer, plumbing, two new power heads, new test kit, I did this extremely on the cheap side. Oh and its a 45 gallon tank. I am into as i wright a little over $700 usd.
wow not wright but right. As of not I...guess I shouldn't be posting at four in the morning after working a 12 hour shift..:grumble:

I also seem to remember things being more expensive down under.

Jmack is our resident Aussie. Hopefully he'll chime in.

Back